- 1 lbs quality lamb, trimmed and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 6-8 skewers or sticks
- fresh rosemary, lower leaves removed, tips kept on
- 2 red onions, peeled and quartered
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and cut into 1 inch pieces
- Kebabs Spice Package from our Spices section
- olive oil
- Mix all the spices from Kebabs Spice Package in a pestle and mortar until fine, then mix with the oil to make a thick marinade paste.
- Put the lamb pieces into a bowl and cover with the marinade. Let it rest for an hour.
- Using the rosemary sticks or skewers, spike each piece of meat alternately with red onion and peppers.
- Grill for around 5 minutes, turning regularly, to give you nicely charred meat on the outside with juicy pink on the inside.
- Allow to rest for a few minutes before serving.
- Please find the original recipe The best marinated lamb kebabs by Jamie Oliver.
- Poke holes in the lamb and vegetables before running rosemary sticks through them.
- As for the lamb meat, you can invest a lot of money by getting loin or rib chops that are more tender and easy to work with. However, the shank end of a boneless leg of lamb is less expensive and just as easy to trim and cut into cubes. If you want to go with the least expensive cut, sirloin or shoulder chops, you will have more work to do cutting the right pieces, but it will save you money.