Aloo Gobi Recipe
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can coconut milk
- 3 large Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium head cauliflower, chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- Aloo Gobi spice package from this site
- Heat oil in a large pot on medium-high heat and add onion. Cook until softened, about 4 minutes, then stir in garlic and cumin from the spice package. Continue to cook until onion begins to brown.
- Stir in tomatoes and coconut and all spices from the spice package. Stir until mixture begins to boil, then put in the potatoes, cauliflower, and garbanzo beans. Blend well. Reduce heat to low and cover.
- Simmer until the potatoes are tender, 45 minutes to an hour (this will depend on the size of the potato chunks).